Rip-Off-Scams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exposing the Internet scams and Fraud sites like Paid Surveys, Paid emails, Mystery Shopping, eBook Scams and so on.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello, and thanks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WhoMe42

Hello, and thanks Empty
PostSubject: Hello, and thanks   Hello, and thanks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:53 am

Hi there,

I just followed the link from the survey-scams blog, had a look around, and decided to sign on. Smile

I was doing some research for a friend who has recently retired and is on a disability pension. She wants to try out some online business (affiliate marketing, eBay trading, etc) and asked me for some advice. *sigh* Wink Very Happy I have been in IT and IT Security for a long time and retired about a year ago myself. So, I thought it might be interesting and useful for us both for me to do some research. And here I am! Very Happy

I like to help out and enjoy being useful, and I like learning new things. This is a new thing for me. Hopefully, I can use my experience with the more traditional online scams (Email, identity theft, phishing, website scams, product scams, etc) to help out here also.

Sadly, my time is limited, so I may not be able to be here often, but I will check in as and when I am able, and post anything I think might be useful.

BTW, I like the site design. Smile

I hope everyone had a good Christmas, and wish all a very good year in 2008! HAPPY NEW YEAR! cheers

Cheers all!
Paul.

PS: Rules read and understood. Nice and simple, I like simple! ")
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Hello, and thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks   Hello, and thanks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 2:53 pm

Glad to have you aboard! And sure post anything you wish. The board is just starting.

And The survey thing is alright for peeps that are retired or just want a little extra cash.

Main key is sign up for about 5 good ones. Then it will take a couple months before you see money coming in.

I like Greenfield online although lately some of the companies they do surveys for are getting something for nothing. Will post about that later if matters don't change there.
I was asked this month (Dec) to participate in around $40.00 worth of surveys there.

A great one is pinecone research. They are invite oonly. As soon as they open up new peeps again, I will post it here. There is a link in the survey area now to them that might still get you in.

I am a retired DayTrader (49) and IT myself. I worked for IBM in the late 80's!
I currently have about 11 sites setup now for various things.

Look through the survey area here. Sign up for the "REAL" ones. Do setup a different email addy for doing these. I post an info in that area about this and other helpful stuff for keeping the ball rolling.
You have a great new year and thanks for stopping by!
Back to top Go down
https://rip-off-scams.rpg-board.net
Sally

Hello, and thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks   Hello, and thanks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 7:44 pm

Hi Paul,

Welcome, good to see you here. I love this site, there's so much info which it would have taken us hours and numerous scams to find the worthwhilel survey sites and answers to other questions.

My IT background is limited ... I actually did some programming back in the early 80s ... the basics like RPG II, assembler, fortran, and cobol. That's not my thing though and I've been a bookkeeper for most of my life.

Hope you all have a great day!

Sally
Back to top Go down
WhoMe42

Hello, and thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks   Hello, and thanks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi Admin, thanks for the reply. Smile I will check out the survey forums. Smile I did some surveys for a company called Lightspeed Surveys (I think!) about a year ago. I didn't get a cent. They didn't pay per survey though, you earned points and went into a draw to win $1,000 (or more). The more points, the more entries in the draw. *shrug* Smile

Hi Sally! Very Happy Wow! You bring back memories! I was programming in Assembler, Fortran, COBOL etc. in the 70's & 80's!

I know for a fact a really good bookkeeper is hard to find! Smile And I suspect it's a lot saner than programming. Laughing

Thanks again. Smile I'll check things out and see what I can do to help out. Smile

All the best.
Cheers! Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Hello, and thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks   Hello, and thanks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:22 pm

Yeah lightspeed is a point system, "You have no cash value until your points add up to 600" which is quite hard to do when they only pay like 10 to 40 per survey.
I like they say "With our surveys they can pay up TO 10000 points each!" lol
Back to top Go down
dermo

Hello, and thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks   Hello, and thanks I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:06 am

Hi Times, I searched you out and followed you from Greenfield forum site. You replied to a posting of mine and gave me some great advice on 30/1/08. I was asking about survey sites. Anyway,I am not stalking you.LoL. Just glad to find a place with honest answers and people. Catch you later,Dermo.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Hello, and thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks   Hello, and thanks I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:26 am

no prob! Glad to have you aboard! read it all here. theres some good stuff here.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Hello, and thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks   Hello, and thanks I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:28 am

Oh, dermo, yeah, I love greenfeild, but it just doesnt pay anyhting anymore. They own a few other sites also. Goings, which you cant use the signup or help link at, and a couple others that the web sites only half way work. LOL
Lazy IT's!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello, and thanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello, and thanks   Hello, and thanks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello, and thanks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rip-Off-Scams :: General Chat and Introductions :: Introductions-
Jump to: